Tuesday, April 22, 2008

part 3 of concert review....

seemed to love this woman. Whereas in the third movement he seemed to take this movement and woman a lot lighter, maybe he didn’t have a deep connection with this woman as in the first movement. This was truly amazing to be able to understand the composer’s feelings without any words, just instruments telling his story. After the last piece in the program there was still the song section of the wine, women, and song concert. The men in the quintet began playing a song which they did not give the name of although it sounded familiar I do not know which song it could be. I wish I could figure it out, the way they were playing made it seem so upbeat and catchy; it really was a beautiful instrumental.
The concert overall was a great new experience for me. I don’t know if I would have truly been able to appreciate the hard work put into it if I could not tell the complexity of the music. This music seemed at times very complex and sometimes often hard to follow. It could just be my lack of knowledge for music, I am not very musically inclined, but the complexity of it to me makes the musicians seem that much more talented. The musicians seemed to enjoy performing, and even more so they really seemed to enjoy the pieces that were played tonight.

No comments: