Tuesday, April 22, 2008

jung type personality testing....

In my personality test, it said that I was very extroverted, moderately intuitive, moderately feeling, and slightly perceiving (1,2). I feel that these results were correct according to my personality. I do have a very extroverted personality; I often am the loud one in the group and talk a lot, especially if something is bothering me. I also am driven by my feeling many times and often act on impulses. People can often tell what my feelings are because they influence my decisions many of the times. I also am very intuitive; if I feel that something is up, I will usually go investigate it to find out just what it is exactly. Although these things are all, correct about me, the fact of feelings being rated that high makes me wonder because I have a hard time expressing my feelings especially if it is something that has really upset me. The whole thing of me only being slightly perceiving makes me wonder the accuracy as well because I feel that I am very perceiving. I try to take things in that are around me rather than jump right into something. In addition, I think it would depend on my mood on how extroverted I can be, because in the classroom I tend to stay in my comfort zone and be quiet. Although at a party or around my friends I am the center of attention, and that is exactly how I like it. I think this test is fun, but I do not think it is very useful. You are asked questions about yourself so you are going to answer them how you feel you are, while many others may perceive you completely differently. (1,2)Almost none of the careers listed for my personality type are appealing to me. Although the most unappealing to me would be a reporter (3). I was on the newspaper staff in high school, we were constantly getting the story and writing, and I hate writing about things I do not care about. most of the times your stories as a reporter doesn't interest you but you still have to make it interesting to the readers. I also feel that as a reporter people think lowlier of you, because you are always looking for a story so people do not trust you as much. One criticism of a self-report test is social desirability (1,2). Your going to answer the questions how you would want others to perceive you and thus altering the outcomes of the test. Another criticism is that these tests do not get to the underlying core of the person (1). They seem to be somewhat blurry instead of specific. I think that these are both very important factors and they are both equally valid arguments. I think that both my boyfriend and my close friends would score completely opposite of me. Everyone that I tend to be close with is very quiet and not exactly feeling driven which is completely different that how I am. This tells me that opposites really do attract. I think that you need to find someone that is completely different from yourself in order to keep the relationship new and exciting. (4) Works cited:1) Textbook2) http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes3.asp3) http://www.humanmetrics.com/vocation/JCI.asp?EI=89&SN=-38&TF=-25&JP=-114) http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=3&c=champion**

No comments: